6th Feb 2017
Volunteering Opportunity – Machinist(s)
At Ropley the Mid Hants Railway has one of the best equipped Machine Shops in the railway preservation movement. Our staff and volunteers make components for our fleet of engines and carriage stock on manual machines, there’s no CNC at Ropley. We are currently seeking volunteers to join our friendly team to help maintain and restore these heritage artefacts for the future enjoyment of our visitors. If you are perhaps a retired tradesmen or a model engineer and can tick some of the boxes below we’d love to hear from you:
* Have five years’ experience on manual machine tools and with recognised training.
* Familiar with centre lathes up to 24" swing and milling machines.
* Experience of vertical or horizontal borers or jig mills especially welcome.
* Should have a clear understanding of engineering drawings.
* Must be able to hold limits of size and surface finish.
* Able to work on your own initiative when required.
* Must take a pride in their work and the working environment.
* A sense of humour absolutely essential.
* Ideally be able to work one or more days per week on a regular basis.
For more information please contact Trevor Page via email@example.com